Having sensitive skin is a struggle. From acne to dryness to irritation, this prevents you from using just any skincare product! Instead, you should focus on ones using natural and organic ingredients that will nourish the skin without being harsh
Our team scoured some of the best body washes and soaps for sensitive skin, including those that are listed in this post. You can have peace of mind knowing that these products will not result in any serious issue!
- Top 20 Body Washes for Sensitive Skin
- Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath and Shower Gel
- Nivea Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for All Skin Types
- Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisturizing Shower Gel
- Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-free Body Wash
- CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash
- Remedy Olivamine Foaming Body Cleanser
- Dove Body Wash Pump
- Neutrogena Body Clear Acne Treatment Body Wash
- Caress Body Wash Daily Silk
- Bioderma Atoderm Cleansing Oil
- Olay Sensitive Skin Unscented Body Wash
- Dettol Anti-bacterial pH-Balanced Body Wash
- Hempz Sensitive Skin Herbal Body Wash
- Dr. Bronner's Fair Trade & Organic Castile Liquid Soap
- Activated Charcoal Soap Bar
- Everyone 3-in-1 Soap, Lavender and Aloe
- Aspen Kay Naturals Oatmeal Soap Bar
- Himalaya Purifying Neem and Turmeric Cleansing Bar
- ASUTRA Natural Organic Bar Soap
- How to Know If You Have Sensitive Skin
- Choosing the Best Body Washes and Soaps for Sensitive Skin
- Tips for Taking Care of Sensitive Soap
- Wrap Up
Top 20 Body Washes for Sensitive Skin
The best skin care products to use are those that are made without sulfates and alcohol, among other harsh ingredients. To make your life easier, we will list down below some of the top options that should be on your radar.
Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath and Shower Gel
This is an all-natural product that should be on the top of your list. Rather than using chemical-based components, it contains plant-based and biodegradable ingredients. Even the fragrances are derived from natural sources. The scent comes from the natural oils that are used. The concentrated formula is also good, making sure that one bottle will last for a long time. Best of all, the manufacturer guarantees that you will be 100% happy. Otherwise, a full refund will be given.
Nivea Men Sensitive 3-in-1 Body Wash
Men have tough skin and different needs compared to women. With that, this specific body wash is designed with men in mind. It does not contain alcohol that can dry out the skin with excessive use. It also cleanses the skin without making it feel dry once you get out of the shower. One of the key ingredients of this product is bamboo extract, which is good not only for the skin but for the hair as well.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for All Skin Types
The brand name in itself should already give you enough reason to have it chosen over others. It has an award-winning formula that makes it great not only for sensitive skin but for all skin types. It has been clinically proven to provide the hydration that the skin needs without drying. You will also be happy to know that it does not strip the skin of the natural oils. Lastly, it does not clog the pores, making it great even for the face.
Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisturizing Shower Gel
People with sensitive skin will love this body wash for its irresistible scent, which is never overpowering. The latter can be attributed to the use of nature-derived ingredients, especially olive oil and aloe. Aside from providing a fresh scent, the two are also great in providing the hydration the skin needs.
Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-free Body Wash
Among others, one of the best things about this body wash is the use of oat, which is known for being a soothing ingredient that will not get rid of the natural oils of the skin. It also provides a protective barrier that can shield the skin from the external elements that can trigger its sensitivity.
CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash
For clean and moisturized skin, this is one of the best products that you might want to consider. It is even approved for use by people who have eczema. The secret of its effectiveness is the use of ceramides instead of sulfates and soap that can cause irritation to sensitive skin. It also has controlled-release technology, a patented feature that provides all-day moisture and protection to the skin.
Remedy Olivamine Foaming Body Cleanser
This is a 4-in-1 product, allowing it to provide the best bang for the buck as it can be used from the head to the toe. The formula specifically targets trans-epidermal water loss, which will help to keep the skin hydrated. It uses non-allergenic ingredients, which is exactly why it works perfectly for people with sensitive skin.
Dove Body Wash Pump
When you speak of the best body washes for sensitive skin, it is almost impossible to not mention Dove, which is why this product makes it on our list. It has the Nutrium Moisture Technology, which nourishes deep into the layers of the skin without causing any form of irritation. The manufacturer also markets it as 100% gentle to provide you with peace of mind.
Neutrogena Body Clear Acne Treatment Body Wash
One of the best things about this body wash is that it contains salicylic acid, which is known for the prevention of breakouts. Another notable ingredient in this product is the pink grapefruit, which is the one that is responsible for providing it with a unique scent. To add, it also has the revolutionary Microclear Technology, which can effectively get rid of oiliness.
Caress Body Wash Daily Silk
Want to have skin that is as soft as silk? This is one body wash that can prove to be promising. It is a gentle cleanser, so there is no need to worry even if you have sensitive skin. Users were also happy with the use of white peach and orange blossom, two of the ingredients that provide it with a distinct fragrance that will last throughout the day.
Bioderma Atoderm Cleansing Oil
This is marketed as a shower oil and not just an ordinary body wash. As the manufacturer claims, it can provide moisture for up to 24 hours. The best thing is that it fights irritation, which is why it is a great choice if you have sensitive skin. It also helps in the restoration of the lipids, making it effective in promoting the best for the health of the skin.
Olay Sensitive Skin Unscented Body Wash
If you are sensitive to strong fragrances that are common in body washes, this is the right choice for you as it comes with an unscented formula. It is also impressive because of the Lock-in Moisture Technology. All that it takes is a single use of this product to notice a difference in your skin.
Dettol Anti-bacterial pH-Balanced Body Wash
Those with sensitive skin will love the fact that it has a pH-balanced formula. One of its top ingredients is glycerin, which makes the skin smoother without causing irritation. It also has active ingredients that can offer protection from germs. Upon lathering, it creates a thick foam that penetrates deeply into the skin to provide the moisture that it needs.
Hempz Sensitive Skin Herbal Body Wash
One thing that makes it stand out from the other body washes mentioned in this guide is the use of 100% pure natural hemp seed oil. It calms and relieves the skin, even if you are prone to sensitivity. It also has an oatmeal complex to nourish your sensitive skin.
Dr. Bronner's Fair Trade & Organic Castile Liquid Soap
This is well-loved by many because of the use of lavender as one of its main ingredients, which has a calming effect and a refreshing scent. The ingredients are organic and vegan, so you can be sure that it will be effective even if you have sensitive skin. Even the packaging is eco-friendly since it is made of 100% post-consumer recycled plastic.
Activated Charcoal Soap Bar
The use of activated charcoal makes it one of the best soaps to use if you have sensitive skin. It has a chemical-free formula, which will also work for people who have psoriasis, eczema, and acne, among other skin problems. It also contains lemongrass and lavender, which are the ones responsible for its unique smell.
Everyone 3-in-1 Soap, Lavender and Aloe
This is another gentle soap that should be on your radar if you have sensitive skin. Even the fragrance won’t irritate as it is derived from natural sources. Essential oils are used to provide it a unique scent that does not overpower. It uses a combination of aloe and lavender. They nourish the skin while also providing a calming effect.
Aspen Kay Naturals Oatmeal Soap Bar
One of the best things about this soap is how it is made using ingredients that are certified organic, which will make it great for your sensitive skin. It contains shea butter, castor oil, palm oil, sunflower oil, goat milk, oats, and honey. They work together to provide nourishment to the skin without the need to worry of irritation.
Himalaya Purifying Neem and Turmeric Cleansing Bar
The name itself is already indicative of how it uses natural ingredients that will be gentle on sensitive skin. It has pure neem, which cleanses and detoxifies the skin. It also contains turmeric, making it more effective when it comes to cleansing. The soap has been tested for its efficacy and purity for an assurance that it won’t cause any form of irritation.
ASUTRA Natural Organic Bar Soap
As the manufacturer claims, this is probably the purest soap for sensitive skin that you can find on the market. Among others, one of its main ingredients is shea butter, which has moisturizing benefits to relieve skin dryness. Ground oatmeal and honey are also used in the soap to make it more effective in promoting your skin health without sensitivity.
How to Know If You Have Sensitive Skin
There are several things that can be done to test if your skin is sensitive. One of the simplest is to scratch the skin using your finger with light to moderate pressure. If it becomes red after a while, this is one of the sure-shot ways to tell that it is indeed sensitive.
If your skin often stings or gets red when you apply your usual skincare products, this is also an indication that you might have sensitive skin.
Another sign that you have sensitive skin is when your skin feels uncomfortable during extreme weather conditions, which might include swelling, redness, itching, and other signs of irritation.
Choosing the Best Body Washes and Soaps for Sensitive Skin
While there are tons of options that are available on the market, this should not be an excuse for you to decide in haste. To avoid regrets, below are some of the most important things to consider:
- Consider the Ingredients: The first thing that you have to do is to look at the list of ingredients and make sure that it does not contain harsh chemicals. Synthetic fragrances and dyes are best to be avoided. Look for those that are labeled natural and organic if you want to have peace of mind.
- Look for a Moisturizing Benefit: Aside from being formulated for sensitive skin, it will also be best to choose one that comes with a moisturizing benefit. Oftentimes, the products will have words like nourishing and deep moisture in their names.
- Choose Fragrance-Free: As much as possible, the body wash or the soap should not contain artificial fragrances. This is because fragrances are often the cause of sensitivity, so it will be good if you can avoid them in the product that will be chosen.
Tips for Taking Care of Sensitive Soap
While soaps and body washes can indeed be effective in dealing with sensitive skin, there are other things that you can do, including those that are briefly mentioned below:
- Limit your time exposure to the sun as its heat is one of the most common external factors that can trigger skin sensitivity. Avoid the sun from 10 am to 2 pm when it is at its peak. Make it a habit to apply sunblock for a strong layer of protection against the harmful rays.
- Use lukewarm water when you shower. It is also best to limit your shower time. When the water is too hot, this can be one of the triggers that will make the sensitive skin irritated.
- Get rid of the scent. It will be best to settle for products that are unscented since the fragrances used are often harsh chemicals that can harm the skin. If there are fragrances, make sure that they are derived from botanical sources, such as essential oils.
- Your diet will also help. Load up on fruits and vegetables, especially those that will provide the vitamins your skin needs.
- Before using any skin care product, make sure to test it out in a small part of the skin first. If it develops sensitivity, this goes to show that you should stop using it.
Whether it is acne, itchiness, rashes, or irritation, among other issues, people with sensitive skin can suffer when they use the wrong products. That being said, keep an eye on the best body washes and soaps for sensitive skin that have been mentioned above. They have mild formulations that will prevent any adverse reaction!