Many people suffer from acne during their teenage years, but your acne problems can persist even into adulthood. Luckily for you, we've done the research on the best Vitamin C serums for acne prone skin.
Serums will be a great way to make your complexion brighter and to prevent breakouts. Especially when it is infused with Vitamin C, it can deliver skin-nourishing benefits. If you have acne, be careful of what you choose, making sure that it has ingredients that won’t trigger the problem.
Looking for vitamin C serums that will work for your acne-prone skin? Keep on reading and learn from some of our recommendations.
- 20 Best Vitamin C Serums for Acne-Prone Skin
- Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail
- Amara Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Seoul Ceuticals Day Glow Serum
- TruSkin Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Obagi Professional-C Serum
- Claire-ity 25% Vitamin C Serum
- Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
- Alina Skin Care Award Winning & Dermatologist Recommended Vitamin C Serum
- Paula’s Choice Boost C15 Super Booster Vitamin C Serum
- Salt Lake Supplements Vitamin C Serum Face And Skin Rejuvenation
- Perricone M.D. - Vitamin C Ester Brightening Eye Serum
- Vitamin C serum 22 by Serumtologie Anti Aging
- Pure Biology "C+" Vitamin C Serum
- Go Radiance Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum
- SkinCeuticals C.E. Ferulic Acid Serum
- M3 Naturals Vitamin C Serum
- PowerGanics Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits for Acne-Prone Skin
- What to Look for in Vitamin C Serums for Acne-Prone Skin
- Tips for Using Vitamin C Serum
- Wrap Up
20 Best Vitamin C Serums for Acne-Prone Skin
Below are some of the best serums spiked with Vitamin C that will not trigger acne breakouts while making your skin bright and healthy.
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum for Face
It has a super-safe rating of 1 from the Environmental Working Group, so you can be confident that it is safe to use. The Vitamin C used in this product is in the form of sodium ascorbyl phosphate, which is known for its stability. This will prevent the oxidation of the serum during its storage. Aside from Vitamin C, it also contains ferulic acid and hyaluronic acid. Aside from acne, it also helps against discoloration and wrinkles.
Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail
It is formulated with gentle ingredients that will be safe for your acne-prone skin. One of the reasons for its effectiveness is the use of bioactive oil complex, which is achieved by combining cranberry and cloudberry seed oils. If you have age spots and fine lines, this can also be an effective serum.
Amara Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face
Regardless of your skin problems related to acne, including breakouts and scars, this serum can offer a promising solution. It is non-greasy and non-sticky. The formula is lightweight, which makes it easy for the skin to absorb. Best of all, the manufacturer is offering a 100% money-back guarantee in case you are unhappy in any way with the results of its use.
Seoul Ceuticals Day Glow Serum
The manufacturer guarantees that the effects will be visible within the first three weeks of use. It has a potent formula that will help to fight wrinkles, crow’s feet, and other visible signs of skin aging. Other ingredients that are present in this product include citrus stem cells, Vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid.
TruSkin Vitamin C Serum for Face
Aside from 20% Vitamin C, this serum also contains hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E. With the advanced formula, it will help in brightening and firming the skin without triggering acne breakouts. It has a plant-based formula, so no need to worry that there are ingredients that can cause skin irritation. You have 90 days to try this product. If you are unsatisfied with the results, you can return it to the manufacturer, and you will receive a refund.
Obagi Professional-C Serum
It has 20% L-ascorbic acid, which the manufacturer claims to be the highest concentration of Vitamin C you will find. Aside from acne-prone skin, this is also formulated even for those with normal and oily skin. It is in a concentrated form, so you can expect the highest level of effectiveness, unlike others that are abundant with filler ingredients.
Claire-ity 25% Vitamin C Serum
Aside from the 25% Vitamin C, this also has hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E, which are gentle but potent. There are no parabens and alcohol, making it completely safe, even if you have sensitive skin. This can also effectively stimulate the production of collagen for healthier skin. For acne-related problems, it can help to fade scars and minimize breakouts, among other skin benefits.
Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
With only 7.5% ascorbic acid, the concentration of Vitamin C is quite low, but this should not be taken as a sign of its ineffectiveness. It is still highly-effective for acne-prone skin, especially in terms of reducing discoloration and brightening skin tone. The addition of hyaluronic acid is also a good thing as it helps the skin to naturally retain moisture.
Alina Skin Care Award Winning & Dermatologist Recommended Vitamin C Serum
It has a clinically-proven formula, so you can expect that it will indeed be effective in improving your skin. The manufacturer exclusively developed the ingredients in this serum, so this is hard to match by any other product you can find on the market. Aside from Vitamin C, it also contains organic aloe, which will be effective in hydrating the skin.
Paula’s Choice Boost C15 Super Booster Vitamin C Serum
Want to achieve visibly brighter skin without worrying that acne will be triggered? You have a good reason to try this serum! Aside from 15% Vitamin C, it also has ferulic acid and Vitamin E. The ingredients that you can find in this product are effective in getting rid of wrinkles, fine lines, and other visible effects of skin aging.
Salt Lake Supplements Vitamin C Serum Face And Skin Rejuvenation
With the unique Vitamin C that is formulated in this serum, you can take advantage of the power of potent antioxidants that will help in accelerating the production of collagen. In turn, this will make your skin healthier and younger. There is also Vitamin E, which will destroy the free radicals that can cause skin damage.
Perricone M.D. - Vitamin C Ester Brightening Eye Serum
What makes this unique compared to the other products mentioned in this post is that it is made specifically for the eyes and not the face. Nonetheless, it still won’t trigger acne even if it gets into the face. It has chamomile, which makes it effective against discoloration. It also enhances the texture of the skin to make it smooth and soft.
Vitamin C serum 22 by Serumtologie Anti Aging
This serum comes with 22% Vitamin C, providing it a professional-grade formula. It is also 100% vegan, so you can be confident that the ingredients will be safe on your acne-prone skin. It won’t cause irritation, even if you have sensitive skin. With its regular use, some of the benefits that you can expect include brighter skin, reduction of fine lines, and improved hydration.
Pure Biology "C+" Vitamin C Serum
The base ingredient of this serum is 30% Vitamin C, which is one of the highest concentrations we have seen. Other ingredients in this serum include aloe vera, jojoba oil, hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin E. It also has Fision WrinkeFix, which has been exclusively developed by the company to make the skin brighter and tighter.
Go Radiance Vitamin C Serum for Face
For younger-looking skin without the need to spend a lot, this serum will be an effective choice. It will not only fight the skin damage caused by free radicals, but it will also slow down the skin aging. The best thing is that you do not have to wait for a long time before the results will become visible.
Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face
Aside from the 20% concentration of Vitamin C, this serum also contains vegan hyaluronic acid. It is organic and cruelty-free, making it gentle on your acne-prone skin. It has no sulfates, parabens, and alcohol, among other harsh ingredients that can cause skin irritation.
Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum
Do not let the expensive price discourage you from choosing this product. It has a premium blend of ingredients with the highest quality and potency. The version of Vitamin C found in this serum is known as THD ascorbate, which has been refined in a high-end laboratory. Regularly using the serum will help shrink pores and improve complexion.
SkinCeuticals C.E. Ferulic Acid Serum
One of the best things about this serum is that it is long-lasting since it is effective for up to 72 hours. It contains 15% pure Vitamin C, which is combined with other skin-loving ingredients, which include ferulic acid and Vitamin E. It will neutralize the free radicals present on the skin to avoid the damages they can cause.
M3 Naturals Vitamin C Serum
This is another effective serum for acne-prone skin, which promises to deliver astounding results because of its 20% Vitamin C. It has potent antioxidants that will combat the skin damage caused by pollution while providing a protective barrier to prevent other problems in the future. It will make the skin bright, tight, and smooth without having ingredients that can cause irritation.
PowerGanics Vitamin C Serum
One of the secrets to the effectiveness of this product is the use of 20% active and bio-available Vitamin C. To make it gentle on acne-prone skin, it contains botanically-derived hyaluronic acid. Witch hazel and Vitamin E are also utilized in the serum. Overall, it is 98% organic and 72% natural.
Benefits for Acne-Prone Skin
Vitamin C is naturally present in a variety of foods that can be integrated into your daily diet. However, this may not be easily absorbed by the skin, so it is best to apply a serum instead. It can deliver a number of benefits for your acne-prone skin, including those mentioned below:
- It Prevents Breakouts: Exposure to free radicals, which can be because of environmental pollution, can trigger breakouts. Vitamin C will be effective in changing the action of these free radicals, making it possible to prevent breakouts.
- It Fights Inflammation: Vitamin C also has the ability to calm the immune system. At the same time, it can lessen the inflammatory chemicals. It regulates and balances the skin to fight inflammation and redness.
- It Lightens Scars and Pigmentation: The production of elastin and collagen is triggered by Vitamin C serums. They will provide skin rejuvenation and can be effective in lightening scars and pigmentation caused by acne. It also prevents the production of tyrosinase, which is an enzyme that produces skin pigments.
What to Look for in Vitamin C Serums for Acne-Prone Skin
With too many options available, which one is the most effective? To help you narrow down the possibilities, below are some of the most important factors to consider:
- Ingredients: Aside from Vitamin C, there are other ingredients that should be present. Salicylic acid, for instance, is known for speeding up exfoliation while also preventing acne. Retinol, meanwhile, makes the skin cell turnover quicker. To add, there should also be niacinamide, which helps heal skin damage caused by acne. Tea tree essential oils are also great for fighting inflammation. For skin moisturizing benefits, hyaluronic acid will be great.
- Concentration: It is not enough that the serum contains Vitamin C. You should also pay attention to its concentration. A higher proportion is better. If it is only 5%, the Vitamin C will end up being useless.
Tips for Using Vitamin C Serum
To maximize the effectiveness of the serum, take note of these tips:
- Before the application of the serum, wash your face. The serum will not effectively penetrate the skin if it is dirty.
- A couple of drops will be enough. No need to worry that its effectiveness will be minimized. Apply not only on the face but even on the neck.
- Let the serum dry and apply your choice of moisturizer. Wait about three to five minutes for the serum to penetrate deep into the skin. If possible, use a moisturizer that already comes with sunscreen for protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
- After using the serum, make sure to store it properly. If possible, keep it in the fridge or in the cupboard to avoid oxidation.
Having acne-prone skin can be frustrating! Using the wrong skin care product can trigger breakouts and other common problems. With that, take advantage of the benefits of Vitamin C serums, including those that are mentioned above.