Hyperpigmentation causes patches of the skin to become darker compared to its surrounding. Also known as uneven skin pigmentation, it is a result of the excess production of melanin. While the condition is harmless, it bothers a lot of people, especially those who are conscious of their appearance.
While there are many ways to treat this skin condition, one of the best is through the use of the best Vitamin C serum for hyperpigmentation. Clueless about which one to pick? Read on and learn from some of our recommendations.
- Why You Should Use Vitamin C Serum
- Top Vitamin C Serums for Hyperpigmentation 2019
- TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Admire My Skin Dark Spot Corrector & Melasma Treatment
- Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum
- LilyAna Naturals Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for Face and Eyes
- Foxbrim Radiate Vitamin C Face Serum
- Amara Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face 20%
- TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum
- ToLB Vitamin C Serum for Face with Hyaluronic Acid
- Eva Naturals Vitamin C Serum Plus
- TruSkin Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum
- SeoulCeuticals Vitamin C Day Glow Serum
- MD Complete by Dr. Brian Zelickson Anti-Aging Dark Spot Corrector
- Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum with Konjac Root
- InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid
- Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum
- Murad Advanced Active Radiance Serum
- Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail
- Porcelain Skin 20% Vitamin C + E with Advanced Peptides
- Other Ways to Fade Hyperpigmentation
- Wrap Up
Why You Should Use Vitamin C Serum
For sure, a lot of you are asking – why Vitamin C serum? There are other ingredients and types of skin care products, but what is so special about it? Below, we will break down some of its benefits:
- Rich in Antioxidants: They can help in preventing the damages that can be caused by free radicals. It will repair and regenerate the skin to make you look young.
- Helps in Collagen Production: Collagen is important for healthier and firmer skin. With this, it will help maintain skin elasticity while also managing hyperpigmentation.
- Repairs Skin Damage: Whether it is dark spots, wrinkles, acne, or blemishes, among others, Vitamin C can prove to be beneficial.
- Boosts Sun Defense: We all know how the heat of the sun can seriously damage the skin. Vitamin C serums can add a layer of protection and enhance the effectiveness of sunscreens.
Top Vitamin C Serums for Hyperpigmentation 2019
Getting rid of dark spots will be easier with the use of the products that we will briefly mention below.
TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum for Face
If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, this product can be an effective way to treat hyperpigmentation. It has advanced antioxidants that are important for the production of collagen to strengthen the skin. The serum utilizes plant-based formula, including organic jojoba oil, witch hazel, and aloe vera. It does not contain stabilizers, fragrances, and additives that can possibly irritate the skin.
Admire My Skin Dark Spot Corrector & Melasma Treatment
One of the secrets to the effectiveness of this serum is the 2% hydroquinone, which allows the treatment of dark spots and melasma. It also contains salicylic acid, kojic acid, Vitamin C, and lactic acid, which are all beneficial for the skin. The manufacturer promises that you will be able to get results in just four weeks.
Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum
This serum takes advantage of the power of 20% vitamin C and vegan hyaluronic acid to make it effective as a skin-lightening product. With the amino complex, meanwhile, it is also effective in skin repair. It is free of alcohol phthalates, sulfates, and parabens. The product is also cruelty-free.
LilyAna Naturals Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for Face and Eyes
A plant-based-serum, it uses premium therapeutic-grade ingredients, including Vitamin C and E. Aside from brightening your skin tone, it can also be effective in boosting the production of collagen, reduction of fine lines, and fading of scars. Even if you have sensitive skin, you do not have to worry that it will cause irritation.
Foxbrim Radiate Vitamin C Face Serum
With an all-natural formula, this is a multi-purpose skin serum with high potency to guarantee immediate results. It does not only fade dark pigments on the face, but it also helps in restoring the elasticity, making the skin plump, and reducing wrinkles, among others.
Amara Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face 20%
Made using ingredients with premium quality, it fades age spots and softens fine lines, among other benefits. It has Stay-C 50, a unique formula developed by the manufacturer to make it effective in promoting better skin health. The manufacturer promises to refund your money without asking any question if you are unhappy in any way with the results of its application.
TruSkin Naturals Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum
Vitamins C and A are two of the most potent ingredients in this serum, allowing it to nourish the skin. To add, it is even made more powerful with the addition of tea tree essential oil, hyaluronic acid, and retinol. You have three months to try this product. If you are unsatisfied, just get in touch with the manufacturer and they will provide a free refund.
ToLB Vitamin C Serum for Face with Hyaluronic Acid
For soft, flawless, young, and glowing skin, the manufacturer claims that this serum will be effective, which contains 92% natural and 72% organic ingredients. It uses the highest form of active and bio-available Vitamin C. The serum is also vegan and paraben-free.
Eva Naturals Vitamin C Serum Plus
One of the best ingredients in this product is aloe, which is known as a natural skin moisturizer. It also contains niacinamide, which is the one that allows the reduction of inflammation to make your skin glow naturally. It also contains salicylic acid, which is essential for exfoliation.
TruSkin Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum
The advanced formula of this serum takes advantage of Vitamin C, niacinamide, retinol, salicylic acid, and botanical hyaluronic acid, which will work together and penetrate deeply into the skin to maximize their effectiveness. It also contains aloe vera, rosehip oil, and organic aloe vera.
SeoulCeuticals Vitamin C Day Glow Serum
The effectiveness of this powerful Korean serum comes from the 20% Vitamin C that is used in the product. To make it even more effective, it is also formulated with vitamin E, citrus stem cells, ferulic acid, and hyaluronic acid.
MD Complete by Dr. Brian Zelickson Anti-Aging Dark Spot Corrector
The manufacturer promises that their product will be able to erase dark spots, even skin tone, and brighten your complexion. The secret lies on the 2% hydroquinone and a combination of the fruit extracts. As a bonus, it is packaged with a free retinol booster, which will come in handy in boosting the cell turnover for better skin health.
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum with Konjac Root
This is an all-natural and cruelty-free serum that can help to fade hyperpigmentation. Vitamin C that is used in the product is stabilized, so you do not have to worry about oxidation. It also has Vitamin E to provide protective antioxidants. Meanwhile, the hyaluronic acid will also make it great for the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines. It is GMO-free.
InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid
With Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, ferulic acid, sea buckthorn oil, and plant stem cells as its main ingredients, this serum promises to minimize blemishes and dark spots while also providing the hydration the skin needs.
Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum
This serum can provide exceptional defense from the harmful rays of the sun. In an independent study that has been commissioned by the manufacturer, it was proven that 85% of its users had lighter dark spots within the first week of its use.
Murad Advanced Active Radiance Serum
Compared to most of its competitors, it contains two times more brighteners, so it will quickly fade hyperpigmentation. It also helps to improve the clarity of the skin while making it firmer, making it a great addition to your anti-aging skin care routine.
Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail
Like most of the products that we have mentioned in this post, this is another option that does not contain parabens, formaldehyde, synthetic colorants, and mineral oils, among other ingredients that can be harsh on the skin. This is vitamin-enriched and will especially work for people who have dry skin.
Porcelain Skin 20% Vitamin C + E with Advanced Peptides
This is a revolutionary serum that contains a concentrated formula of Vitamin C, making it effective for boosting collagen production, combatting the visible signs of skin aging, increasing the elasticity, and brightening the complexion. Within 45 days, if you are unhappy with the product, the manufacturer can provide an unconditional refund.
Other Ways to Fade Hyperpigmentation
While using a Vitamin C serum can be effective, this is not the only solution that can be taken into consideration. There are other things that can be done to fade dark spots, such as those that are listed below.
- Chemical Peel: This requires the need to apply a chemical on the skin for controlled destruction of the upper layer to even the skin tone. They remove the unwanted melanin on the surface.
- Sunscreen: This is more of a preventive measure than a treatment approach. Protecting the skin from the sun can help to control the dark spots. This will also help to prevent the existing hyperpigmentation from getting darker.
- Microdermabrasion: This is an exfoliating treatment that can also be promising for getting rid of hyperpigmentation. It makes use of tiny particles to sand the face and clear it of the dark spots. It will be best only for mild cases of skin discoloration. If it is already severe, the next treatment option will be a better alternative.
- Laser: If budget is not an issue, this is one procedure that can also be promising. It can target specific pigments on the different layers of the skin. They use a focused beam of light to carry out the procedure. This is often one of the most effective approaches to fade hyperpigmentation.
With the Vitamin C serums that have been mentioned above, you can enjoy an affordable way to deal with hyperpigmentation. They utilize the best ingredients available to help lighten dark spots, which will make you more confident and beautiful.